- Press & Media
- Flexible Flat Screen Arms Save Space, Transform Patient Experience in Dental Office
- Winston Sit/Stand Workstation Now Shipping to Customers
- Innovative Office Products Exhibiting Ergonomic Mounting Solutions at NeoCon 2015
- New Winston Sit/Stand Workstation for Apple iMac Users
- Innovative Office Products Exhibiting Multi-Monitor Mounts at NAB 2015
- Innovative Office Products Exhibiting POS Mounts at GlobalShop 2015
Flexible Flat Screen Arms Save Space, Transform Patient Experience in Dental Office
Posted on October 8, 2003 by Innovative Office Products, LLC
Innovative Office Products, Inc. ( www.LCDarms.com) has developed a flexible mounting arm for flat screen monitors that is designed for use in dental offices with digital radiography. The arm rotates 360 degrees at three swivel joints, attaches to desks, walls and other surfaces, and extends up to 42 inches from its mounting point.
The flexible arm can be attached to a sidewall and extend out so patients can view X-rays or watch television during a procedure. Dentists and practice staff can quickly and easily reposition the monitor’s position and height with just one hand so patients can view it comfortably while sitting up or lying back during a procedure. The screen can be folded back against the wall when not in use.
“More and more dental practices with digital radiography are installing flat screen monitors, but are faced with the dilemma of how to save space while making these monitors accessible for both the dentists and their patients,” said Bud Oddsen, president of Innovative Office products. “These arms enable dental practices to create an ergonomically, cost-efficient work space that enhances the patient experience.”
Innovative also designs and manufacturers arms that can be custom mounted on dental chairs. Innovative has sold its flexible flat screen mounting arms in prominent health care settings such as the Mayo Clinic since 1990, as well as in other office and industrial settings. The key benefits of mounting flat screen monitors on flexible arms in health care settings are:
- Information sharing : Easily adjusting the monitor means that health care professionals can share information easily with each other and with patients.
- Ergonomics : Each user can reposition the monitor easily, making its use less stressful and more ergonomically sound.
- Space savings: Arms lift monitors off of desk and other surfaces, liberating the space for other uses, and be easily folded back to free up space when not in use.
- Improved surgical and diagnostic experience : Arms allow health care professionals to view data easily while performing a diagnostic test or surgical procedures.
Innovative Office Products, Inc. designs and builds an industry-leading line of mounting solutions for computer monitors and keyboards. Founded in 1986, the Easton, Pa. company produces innovative products and custom-designed solutions that serve the needs of such prominent customers as the New York Stock Exchange, IBM, Lockheed Martin and NASA. Among many design awards received by the company is a silver medal by Business Week magazine’s Best Product Designs Of The Year for 2002.